1.29.2009

Sunday, January 29, 1989

Conservative living ...

I woke up late again this morning, but just in time to grab some roast beef for lunch in the refectory. I spent a good bit of the day working more on the tape that I'm making for Greg, and by the early evening, it was completed.

The final product included the things I recorded yesterday, as well as a parody of BBC1 News, A Tour of Britain, an interview with E Conspectu (one member, anyway. Even though Greg doesn't know J.P., I think he'll like it.), and various music from over here that I've compiled... among other miscellany.

Viv did some more revising in preparation for her exams, but not too much. Most of the day was careless and cheap living in order to save money. I did buy Shannon the Hamster a new house, though. Conserve, brave soldier!

Picture: One of the pictures that I took during my trip around Britain last month was of an interesting graveyard located near Sid's house outside London. The picture didn't come out so great, but that, combined with a photo of a family I cut out of a newspaper ad created the inspiration for "Death Beach," one of the songs I wrote while in England for my band Yokel to perform when we reunite next summer upon my return to America. It's sort-of a Beach-Boys-meets-thrash-metal-type song.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart" - Marc Almond and Gene Pitney
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "When I'm With You" - Sheriff

No comments: