12.02.2008

Friday, December 2, 1988

Winning Over Roz Billington? ...

Went to my Social/Political Structures Seminar and discovered that there was only one other member of my group at the class. So I pretty much went on my own to discuss the American Class System with good ol' Roz Billington. I thought it went quite well, with Roz (naturally) pointing out two flaws in my presentation.

On one point, she was correct (I actually realized it after I read it), but on the other point, she misunderstood what I was saying. Once I explained what I meant, she agreed and everything was alright. A success! I left that class rather happy. Anyway, I still haven't been able to get a hold of the previous essay I wrote for that class. I'm curious to see her reaction.

After class I went home, took a shower, and after lunch J.P. and I went to town. I took £10 out of the bank and did my rounds. I got my photos back (very nice), bought a new photo album, a hamster playball, a dish, some reprint photos, and a root beer and french fries at McDonald's.

While at Mickey D's, I saw Viv and Liz out, so I stopped and talked to them a bit, until they went their own shopping way. At the end of our excursion, when I stepped off the bus in front of The Grange Halls, I had exactly 1p on me. I made a vow that I would get through the weekend with it. It'll be tough, but I need to save money now.

After dinner, I arranged my photos in my photo book, then showed them to some people. Viv and I then got out the hamster ball and let Shannon take it out for a test drive. Boy that was fun to watch! She was going all around the room knocking into things (Shannon, not Viv.) It reminded me of the good old days when I was 6 and I had my hamster, Ernie.

Anyway, the day continued with little action. I stayed with Viv and visited others for the duration of the evening.

No comments: