12.11.2008

Sunday, December 11, 1988

'Magnificent' Sunday ...

I was going to do some letter writing today, but I only managed to get one done. Watched a lot of TV today. At 1 o'clock, "Lost in Space." At 2.30, "ALF" (which inspired me to write that one letter, to fellow ALF fan Mark DeVito back at Millersville.)

Then at 3.00 we watched "The Magnificent Seven," starring Yul Brenner, Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Charles Bronson. I'd never seen it before, and it was quite good.

After dinner I spent some time in a nap, then I spent time with Viv. Later I visited J.P. where we discussed, among other things, possibly creating an alternative newspaper next year on campus at Millersville. Later we watched "Spitting Image," a somewhat revolting British show featuring bizarre puppets, but it can be entertaining at times.

Went back to my room, wrote that letter I mentioned earlier, and then Viv came for a visit. A short time later, we both fell asleep.

Pictured: Alisa, Andy and part of Neil, in the hallway of St. Hilda's near J.P.'s room.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Mistletoe & Wine" - Cliff Richard
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Look Away" - Chicago

No comments: