2.18.2009

Saturday, February 18, 1989

My 150th Day in Britain ...

Wow, did I sleep today! I awoke mid-morning to prepare for lunch, then go into town. I tried to get my Elvis Costello concert tickets, but they wouldn't accept my Access card for payment. I'll have to try again some other time.

Then Viv and I went to a Book Fair in town, which turned out to be more antique books than second-hand paperback books, but we managed to find a few we wanted. I bought D.H. Lawrence's "The Rainbow" while Viv bought "Jane Eyre" and "The Spanish Verses."

After we left the book fair we shopped around town some more, and I bought some batteries for my stereo before we caught the bus back home. After dinner we took a long nap (from 6-9:30 p.m.), and after we awoke we did an old favorite and visited Double Happiness for some sweet n sour chicken.

I worked on a mix tape for Viv to give to her before she leaves for Spain. Her last day in Hull is Monday. Fortunately, I should see her again in about three weeks. I also worked a bit more on the tape I'm making for my parents. Went to bed after midnight.

Oh, on TV today we watched some Saturday morning cartoons, as well as an episode of ALF (where he is mistaken for a burglar.)

In sports news, Hull City played Liverpool in the 1988-89 F.A. Cup Tournament here in Hull. Thought it might be interesting to catch that game, but decided to pass. It's the fifth round of the tournament, and 16 teams remain in the single-elimination tournament. Liverpool was clearly the favorite, but Hull actually jumped out to a 2-0 lead before falling to Liverpool, 3-2. That would've been quite the upset. I listened to some of the game on the radio. Shame... it would've been pretty cool to see the local team go deeper into the tournament.

No comments: