2.05.2009

Sunday, February 5, 1989

Here Comes the Sun - day Times ...

Woke up late, picked up the Sunday Times and read it in my room while listening to The Beatles' "Abbey Road." That has been one of my traditions here. Since I can't plug in my stereo (bringing an American stereo here probably wasn't the best idea, in hindsight), I only play music sparingly to preserve my batteries. But I always reserve Sunday for playing "Abbey Road."

Anyway, Vivvy Honey, who is right now looking over my shoulder while I write in my journal, studied like a good little girl for her big bad exams, which are fast approaching.

I watched a good bit of TV throughout the day. Some American shows (ALF, Lost in Space) and some British fare (Only Fools and Horses, The New Statesman). Viv joined me during some of her study breaks.

I went around to see J.P. for a bit in St. Hilda's, and hung out there for awhile. And I finished more of the tape that I will be sending to Scott.

And there you have it.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart" - Marc Almond and Gene Pitney
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Straight Up" - Paula Abdul

No comments: