2.26.2009

Sunday, February 26, 1989

Fight in the TV Room ...

I woke up today at 10 to 12 (still technically "morning,") just in time for lunch. Waddled into the place where they serve us food, and ate the typical Sunday roast beef. Watched the typical episode of "Lost in Space," then walked with J.P. to the video store to return the movies we watched yesterday and get out "Raising Arizona" and "Return of the Living Dead." I also bought a newspaper.

We returned just in time to catch the fifth round of the Mike Tyson-Frank Bruno fight, where Tyson absolutely hammered Bruno into submission. The fight was recorded earlier, and I already knew that Tyson won, but I kept that info to myself, lest I'd be hammered myself by the crowd watching the fight in the St. Hilda's TV room. I think I was the only one in the room who was rooting for Tyson. USA! USA!

After dinner, I called Viv to bid her farewell (she leaves for Spain tomorrow.) After that I called home, but we decided to take the call later.

So I went downstairs and we watched "Raising Arizona" (my ninth viewing) and "Return of the Living Dead" (second viewing). It was a nother good and inexpensive evening, and after I talked to my parents and updated them on my situation, (and bid them farewell, for they leave on a ski vacation to Colorado tomorrow) and wish my good tidings, I finally began to work on my Geography essay, which was on the effects of tourism on American National Parks.

I felt pretty good with how my paper turned out, and with four cups of coffee pumped into my system, I managed to crank out over 1,000 words (good words, too!) before proclaiming myself tired at around 2 a.m. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Belfast Child" - Simple Minds
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Lost in Your Eyes" - Debbie Gibson

No comments: