5.12.2009

Friday, May 12, 1989

To Boldly Go ...

Woke up around noon, and slowly got myself ready, watching a bit of television before Sam, Jenny and I took a trip into downtown Scunthorpe.

It was a cold and miserable day outside, and we took the bus, Jenny stopping at Safeway for groceries while Sam and I went to a second hand book shop. Bought myself two more Peanuts books (only 40p each), before picking up Jenny and heading into town. We hired two films, "Star Trek IV" and "Escape from New York," and walked about the market, where I bought homemade peanut butter and dried apricots.

We then returned to the flat for dinner, then films. We first watched "Star Trek III" before popping in "Star Trek IV" following. We ended the evening with the classic "Escape," which is still one of my all time favourites. We finally called it a night around 2 a.m.

Today's fabulous quote is from J.P.: "Your room is my room."

No comments: