5.14.2009

Sunday, May 14, 1989

Last Full Day in Scunthorpe ...

Woke up about the same time for my last full day at Sam and Jenny's house in Scunthorpe. It has been a very relaxing, laid-back, and much-needed break for me.

Sam and I took a walkthis morning to return the movies and buy a Sunday Times. It was warm and nice out... perfect for a walk. Then we returned to the flat to read the paper, eat and watch "Lost in Space."

Afterward, the three of us began playing a game called Escape from Corbitz, but we got bored with that and decided to play Scrabble instead. After an intense game, I won with a score of 211. Jenny was second with 183 and Sam finished third with 107 (he was stuck with a "Q".)

As the day trugged on we read, ate, watched some television and talked. No major events throughout the day until about 8 p.m., when I called my parents to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day. It was a good conversation, and I will officially be arriving back home at Harrisburg International Airport on Friday, June 23 at 8:30 p.m., EST. I can hardly wait!

I got the scoop from home, and then returned to the TV, where Sam and I watched Terry Gilliam's "Jabberwocky," staring Michael Palin. It was quite good. Watched a bad short movie called "The Monkey's Paw" (a very poor adaptation of the short story), and then went to bed a short time later.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Hand On Your Heart" - Kylie Minogue

  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Forever Your Girl" - Paula Abdul

No comments: