1.12.2009

Thursday, January 12, 1989

Photos Finished ...

Contradictory to my effort to control spending, I went into town by bus twice today. After my 2.15 Prose Fiction Class, I want in and picked up both J.P. and my film, as well as a cool flip folder photo album to hold my new pictures. In all, the bill was £32. Wow!

I returned home in time for dinner, and then afterwards spent some time putting the pictures in order, then showing them to people.

I thought a lot of my photos turned out quite nice from the trip. The photo album starts with my trip to The Wirral and Chester before Christmas, then to London, Brighton and Canterbury. I have a few photos from Christmas with Viv's family in Skegness, then on to Edinburgh, Inverness/Loch Ness, and then New Year's in St. Andrews. Also included some photos from Stratford-Upon-Avon, Plymouth and Penzance. Still a few slots left in the book...

Instead of doing my class work, a group of us decided to go into town to catch a film. We decided to go see "High Spirits," a bizarre but funny film starring Peter O'Toole, Steve Guttenberg, Daryl Hannah and Beverly D'Angelo.

I enjoyed it, and the theatre was packed (but it usually will be on £1 night.) Before leaving the theatre I swiped six of the free "Willow" posters that they had available in the lobby, then made our way back to the bus stop.

We finally got to the halls around 10.30 p.m. and, still not feeling like doing any work, Viv and I just spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

Photos: Some of the pictures I picked up from the photomat today: #1: The Tower of London; #2: J.P. takes a little nap on the train; #3: Urquhart Castle, Loch Ness; #4 (as written on the back of the photo)... Tourist Rick in front of Shakespeare's House, Stratford-upon-Avon, January 6, 1989.

No comments: