1.19.2009

Thursday, January 19, 1989

A Bonny Weekend Begins! ...

Today, Dr. Morrison picked me up to take me back to Ness with him for the weekend. The highlight will be a classic Scottish tradition... the Burns' Night Supper, honoring the celebrated 18th Century Scottish poet, Robert Burns (he's the guy who wrote "Auld Lang Syne.")

Decided to start the celebration by taking it easy and taking a pass on my classes today. Packed my bag, said my farewell to Viv, and then Dr. Morrison and I left Hull around 2.30 p.m.

We moved quite well, stopping along the way at a Grenada Rest Stop for some food and coffee. Arrived in Ness around 5.30 p.m. and went straight to the Old Quay, where Fiona was working, and had some dinner. I enjoyed a nice gammon steak.

We then went back to the Morrisons' house, relaxed, talked, and watched Woody Allen's "Play It Again Sam," which was hilarious. Dr. Morrison is a big fan of Woody Allen. Then I read a bit from the "Book of Lists," before heading up to Glen's old room to get some sleep. He's in America, so I'm sure he won't mind.

No comments: