10.09.2008

Sunday, October 9, 1988

Life Is Easy When It’s Boring

This could easily be called the laziest of the lazy days. I woke up around 11:45 a.m., just in time to head over for lunch, as is. The meal was actually pretty good, but I went 30p over, of which I had to borrow, embarrassingly enough.

After the meal and a shower, it was back to my room for a little more resting, writing, and listening to music, specifically The Beatles’ “Abbey Road.” My solace was interrupted briefly by a trip over to St. Michaels to visit some friends there for a bit. Later, after dinner, I wrote a bit more in my journal, then headed over to St. Hildas, where a group of us sat in Kurt Dross’s room (next to J.P.’s room). During this time I introduced them to the tape of my band, Yokël. We later went into the TV room, where we watched an episode of “Bread,” a popular sitcom here.

After a few more chats, it was back to the room for some reading and a wait of a half hour for a call from my parents, which never came. It still might, since it’s only 6:45 p.m. there, so I’ll wait a bit longer. I think this day can best be summed up by what I said to Doug after he asked me if things were going OK today, and I paraphrase The Police:

“Life is easy, when it’s boring.”

So true. We all need days like this sometimes.

****
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Desire" - U2
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Red Red Wine" - UB40

No comments: