10.12.2008

Wednesday, October 12, 1988

Brain Fried

Just one class today – at 2:15 p.m. So J.P., Doug and I trotted into town for a little shopping. I bought some paper, pens, and dropped off some film for developing, while Doug bought a cassette of the new Falco album, “Wiener Blut.” He was quite excited about his purchase.

Then, after a brief photo shoot, we stopped at the Hull Library, where we checked out a copy of “The Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad, which we were all to read before our class tomorrow.

When we returned to The Grange, J.P. (pictured above, right) was the first one to take a crack at reading the book, and I went back to my room to do a bit of creative writing. After dinner, J.P. brought the book to me, looking brain-fried, saying it was quite difficult to read. He didn’t get the whole way through. So then, I started.

I paused for awhile at 7:30 p.m. to watch the new episode of “Doctor Who,” which is now a weekly ritual, then returned to “the book.” At about 9:30 p.m., I gave up and, slightly brain-fried, gave the book to Doug. I stayed in his room for awhile, with Sid and her friends, in Doug’s new room. Today was the day of his big move between him and Bonk.

I think Doug will fare much better in this area, with Kenny Prunty (from St. Andrews, Scotland) as his roommate. Kenny (pictured above, left) really couldn’t do any worse, than Bonk. Soon everyone was getting tired and dropping off to their rooms for some sleep. I soon followed suit, leaving Doug to “The Heart of Darkness.” He said he “enjoys a challenge.” I returned to my room to do a little more creative writing, then nodded off.

No comments: