10.27.2008

Thursday, October 27, 1988

I Bought a Guitar!

I bought a guitar! I bought a guitar! Woke up at around 8:30 a.m., had some breakfast, then got ready for my excursion into town. I decided to go it alone, because I could then go in, look for what I wanted, then come back to my room.

So that’s what I did, and found a really nice new Hohner steel string guitar at Gough & Davy’s music store, for only 60 quid. I also bought Yes and Eric Clapton songbooks.

I made my way back home, guitar in hand, and then walked up to the Student Union to meet with Viv and Liz for lunch. After that I went to Lloyd’s Bank to pick up my cashpoint card, and then returned to my room to try out my new toy before class.

When I got to class a few minutes late, however, nobody was there. Appearently it had been moved, and I had no idea where it was being held. Rather than go back to my room, I decided to be constructive and head over to the library and read a bit from the book we were reading for class.

Well, as it turned out, the room where class was now being held was in the library, and they watched a film based upon the book we were reading. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize this until after the class had ended. Oh well.

Afterwards, I ate dinner, visited Viv, and practiced my guitar a bit. Spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Viv.

(Pictured: The chair in my room, with my new guitar leaning on it. Note the James Bond novel and the "Sack Edgar Page" poster.)

No comments: