10.25.2008

Tuesday, October 25, 1988

First Date

Woke up this morning at 8:30 a.m., roughly five hours after I got to bed. Went and grabbed a little breakfast (love that Weetabix!), took a shower and took off for my Literature in Context class. For some reason, Doug was in a silly mood in class, which naturally rubbed off on me.

Then it was off to geography, which is a great seminar because I’m the only American in the class, so I’m “special.” Then I had to return for Social/Political Structures with good ol’ Roz Billington. It is now a goal of mine to get into and win a political discussion with that Marxist/Feminist wench and show her the difference between right and her point of view.

After class and dinner, it was preparation time to head out to LA (Lexington Avenue) disco. I guess this is technically Viv and my first date (although Liz came along with us.) I did my fist ironing since arriving in England (with only marginal success), and at 8:30 p.m., Liz, Viv & I left for LA.

I guess you can say that Viv and I were relatively unsocial (except to each other), but had a good time and danced a bit (though not as much as we did last week).

J.P. had a bit of a scuffle when a man accused him of taking his cigarettes. Fortunately, J.P. avoided a fight, but naturally found the whole affair quite annoying. Funny thing was, I had earlier told J.P. that the shirt he was wearing was going to get him into a fight.

Anyway, Liz found her ex-attraction (a guy she is still very much attracted to), and eventually made friends with him.

Even good ol’ Kofe was there, having an all-around good time, and wearing his Philadelphia Eagles jersey (Uniform #17, which I initially confused with #7, and told him that he was wearing Ron Jaworski’s jersey. Hopefully he didn’t catch my error.)

Viv and I left around 1 a.m. and returned to her room, where we waited for Liz to return. When she did, Viv and I traversed down to my room. I finally got to sleep at about 5 a.m., so needless to say, I don’t think I’ll be making it to my 9:15 a.m. Geography class.

(Pictured is the hallway you would walk when you traversed down to my room. My room is the one on the left, with the door open.)

No comments: