4.04.2009

Tuesday, April 4, 1989

Tastes Not Much Like Mom Used to Make ...

Not much to say about today. I woke a little past 9 a.m. this morning, ate breakfast, broke Raquel's mug, cleaned up the room, read the paper, did the crossword puzzle, wrote the last of my postcards, ate raviolis for lunch (they just don't taste quite the same without a classic rerun of Hogan's Heroes playing on the telly while eating), read a bit of The Satanic Verses, then took a nap until 5 p.m.

At 5 I began to make dinner... my own concoction of Mom's beloved ham, noodle & cheese casserole. Viv came while I was cooking and helped. It didn't taste quite as good as Mom's since we used canned ham, but it filled us up anyway.

After we ate, we contemplated going out, but didn't bother until about 9 p.m., when all the shops were closed anyway. Still, it was my first time out all day, and it felt good to get out of the flat for a bit of a walk. I bought another paper, brought it back to the room, and Viv and I, after some cola cao (hot chocolate milk), played another Gin Rummy tournament. This time she clobbered me, pulling out to a 9-2 lead before I caught up a bit, finally losing 15-9. That was fun.

Following that, we went to bed.


Photos are more images of El Retiro.

No comments: