6.07.2009

Wednesday, June 7, 1989

Farewell, Guitar (And 10 Things I Still Worry About) ...

Woke up far too early, ate breakfast, and then at 9:30 a.m. took my Modern Prose Fiction exam. A few of the questions were not what I'd expected, and on the last question, I failed to catch one of the key instructions... that we were not to repeat use of any author more than once... and I did. Hope that doesn't mess me up too much. Overall, I think I did alright.

After the exam, which used all of the three hours I was given, I returned to The Grange to relax, eat lunch, watch the news, and talk for a bit with Jane. (Jane is pictured here in the center, along with some of her friends. Chris is sitting next to her, Vicki and Ian are standing to the right, and I believe the guy to the left was named Sean.)

Later, she bought my guitar from me for £25. A good deal for her, and a good one for me as well, as that is now one less thing I need to worry about before I leave England.

Here, however, is a list of the worries that I still do have:

  1. What am I going to do with my hamster Shannon?
  2. When am I going to get that letter from Viv with a check so that I can buy her plane ticket?
  3. How am I going to get all of my stuff back home?
  4. Money... though I'm not worried quite so much.
  5. Exams
  6. Housing and registration at Millersville next fall. (Will they get the registration form that I stuck under the office door?)
  7. Finding some posters for Mrs. Rogoff, my former high school English teacher who gave me $20 for that quest before I came to England.
  8. Finding a job when I return home.
  9. Getting my cashpoint card back from Lloyd's bank before I leave here.
  10. How can we get a Republican majority back in Congress?
This is pretty much in decending order, and I think I can let George Bush worry more about #10.

Getting back to the day's events, I got a letter from Debbie's parents, which was a nice surprise. That's about the extent of the rest of the day's events.

No comments: