3.12.2009

Sunday, March 12, 1989

Preparing for Spain ...

Wow, what a lie-in today! I woke up at 8.30 a.m. for breakfast, but when I came back to the room I fell back to sleep and didn't wake until 12.50 p.m., just barely in time to grab lunch. That was nearly 12 hours of sleep!

After a not-too-bad turkey lunch, I went out to play a little game of co-ed soccer with the gang. I spent most of the time playing goalie. We played with the rule that only the girls could score the goals. That was entertaining.

Then I spent a few odd hours working on a presentation on Islam for the geography seminar that I would not be attending next week. Fortunately, Kenny agreed to read it to the class for me, so when I finished I gave it to him.

Later, at 10.15 p.m., I watched the second part of "Billionaire Boys Club," this time in the St. Martin's common room. During the movie Viv called, so I was able to finally explain to her what happened with yesterday's phone call, and we were able to get all of the details about my impending arrival in order. I'm a bit nervous about getting there and moving about in a country where they do not speak English - this will be my first visit to a non-English speaking country (French-speaking Canada and Scotland excepted). But I think things will work out just fine.

After the phone call I went over to St. Hilda's to square things up with the gang over there and bed them farewell in case I didn't see them tomorrow. Then I came back to my room to pack, read and sleep. Good luck!

Pictured is not me playing soccer with the gang outside The Grange. It's actually a postcard of John Barnes, star from the Liverpool Football Club. He's really good. I'm not.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Too Many Broken Hearts" - Jason Donovan
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Lost in Your Eyes" - Debbie Gibson

No comments: