5.21.2009

Sunday, May 21, 1989

Soaking in Some Rays ...

Well, it was again very beautiful outside, so this morning after buying a Sunday Times, listening to the White Album while reading it, I went outside to soak in some rays and study a bit. Well, neither was a major success, but I did manage to get a little bit of a tan. I still can't believe that Hull has been getting so much of this nice weather.

There were a lot of us hanging about outside, carrying on pointless but interesting conversations, as yet another lazy Sunday passed me by.

Eventually, darkness set in and I prepared to watch one of my favourite movies on the telly... "The Lion in Winter." It was the fifth time I'd seen it, so I knew what I was in for. J.P. was the only person who originally started watching it with me and enjoyed it. It's a bit heavy for some people, I guess. Unfortunately, three-quarters of the way through he was really tired so he kipped out.

I was the only person to watch it the whole way through, but I wasn't alone, as Louise Fenton and her friend Sharon came in and watched the end of the movie. Afterward, Louise came back to my room for some coffee and we talked about various topics. She ended up staying there for about 45 minutes (a little bit longer than "Dark Side of the Moon," anyway).

After she left I dozed off, and eventually went to bed. Oh yeah, I also called and talked to my parents today. Everything for the trip next month is all a go, but they said that the plumbing in the house is all screwed up for some reason.

(Pictured is Ian and someone else whose name escapes me, using cushions from the common room to relax in the sun outside The Grange halls on another beautiful warm day in Hull.)


***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Ferry 'Cross the Mersey" - Gerry Marsden, Paul McCartney, Holly Johnson and The Christians (for the Hillsborough Disaster)

  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Forever Your Girl" - Paula Abdul

No comments: