5.18.2009

Thursday, May 18, 1989

Evening Coffees with Sam ...

I didn't have class until 2 p.m. today so I ate breakfast and then loafed about. I recopied a story I wrote last night called "A Second Chance." Not quite as good as my first story, and only half as long, but I still like it.

After noon I milled about until class, which was a review session for the Prose Fiction Exam. They had all of the Literature in Context essays corrected except for four of them... mine being one of those not finished. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

Came back to the halls, wrote a letter to Greg and mailed it. Then after dinner I wrote one to Chris (I received Letter I from him today, two days after receiving Letter II. I also received a nice postcard from Viv.) and started writing one to Deb when Sam came over to my room. We talked over coffee, and I read him my latest short story. We discussed other topics of interest, I showed him my pictures of Spain, and then we went to visit Jodie where Sam picked up a map of Vermont.

Later, we traversed down the hall to Sam's room for more coffee, more conversation, and he organized an integrated assignment that he's been working on for awhile. It is nearly done and has been giving him a lot of problems... not to mention the other students who have to complete it. I didn't leave until 2 a.m., and went straight to bed.

No comments: