1.15.2009

Sunday, January 15, 1989

Struggling to Finish that #%&@*! Paper ...

I woke up a little past noon today, just in time for lunch. When I returned to the room, it was time to continue work on Ye Olde Essay. It went frustratingly slow for quite awhile, and it looked like I wasn't going to have enough words to finish it. I continued to struggle through it, though, and after dinner, when I began to type my final copy, I was able to beef it up so that it not only sounded better, but it met the sufficient quota of words.

I went to visit J.P. in St. Hilda's for about 15 minutes for a break, and then returned to my room to finish typing all but the bibliography, finally wrapping it up around 1.30 a.m.

Viv sweetly waited for me and fell asleep before I was finished. She had been playing with my hamster Shannon for awhile, putting her in her exercise ball and letting her crawl around on the bed. She really is a cute hamster. (Shannon, that is. Viv is a cute girl.)

Pictured is Viv holding Shannon the hamster. This is the only photo I took of Shannon.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Especially for You" - Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Two Hearts" - Phil Collins

No comments: