11.05.2008

Saturday, November 5, 1988

Shakespeare the Sadist

Woke up relatively late this morning, but just in time to catch lunch. After some food, Doug and I made our sortie into town to catch the Hull Record Fair. We spent a good two hours there, and both of us bought our share of records, with Doug spending significantly more than me.

I bought the Genesis "A Trick of the Tail " record... the same one that I saw a few weeks ago in London but didn't have the money at the time to purchase. I also picked up a Genesis single that has the non-album track "Submarine," the Talking Heads "Nothing But Flowers" extended mix EP, and Sting's "Ghost in the Strand." We returned before 4 p.m. with our wares and ate dinner.

That evening, J.P. and I went over to Hull University to see the student production of the play "Shakespeare the Sadist." The acting was good, the stage design was brilliant and the script was bizarre, to say the least. However, the sound was awful, and to say it was somewhat offensive is an understatement. It did provide some interesting ideas, though.

We returned from the play in time to watch Monty Python's "And Now for Something Completely Different" on TV. After that, Viv and I hung out in my room. Only three more days to go until Bush's decisive victory!

*****
  • World News Today: Cornell University graduate student Robert Tappan Morris, Jr. s confirmed as the cause of the worst computer sabotage to date, creating the first computer worm on the internet.

No comments: