11.27.2008

Sunday, November 27, 1988

A Little (American) Football ...

A lazy Sunday. Woke up around 11 a.m. and trotted off to lunch at noon (the usual, roast beef, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding.) Spent the day just loafing and actually working a bit on my "Importance of Being Earnest" essay.

At 5.15 p.m. I watched some American football. They were broadcasting the Eagles-Giants game this week, so I had to watch. It was a good game, and they slipped past the Giants, 23-17 in OT on a freak blocked-kick touchdown.

Spent some quality time with Viv, and basically spent the day trying my best to not spend any money. That was a good thing to do, especially considering how much I spent yesterday. Went to bed early in order to try and get up for breakfast, and hopefully get some more class work done. We'll see.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "The First Time" - Robin Beck
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Baby I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley" - Will to Power


(Pictured: From two days earlier, this is a photo of the City of York and York Minster, taken from the wall that surrounds the city.)

No comments: