11.01.2008

Tuesday, November 1, 1988

Glasnost Propaganda Day

Only 8 more shopping days until the election! It still looks like George Bush's race, but we'll wait and see. I woke up early, got some breakfast, then finished the last two chapters of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." Sad ending to the book.

Went to Literature in Context class at 10:15 a.m., which turned out to be nothing more than a Marxist Propaganda Session. Then it was off to Geography, where the seminar discussion was on Communist China. Then, after a bit of time in the library, I went to Soc/Pol Structures, where we discussed POWER with Roz Billington. For awhile, it seemed like Glasnost Propaganda Day at Humberside College of Higher Education.

Came back to The Grange at about 3:15 p.m., and rested until dinner time. After dinner, Viv and I went to see "Big" starring Tom Hanks. I had already seen it back in the States, but it's such a good film that I didn't mind seeing it again. After the movie we came back to my room and had a little bit of the German wine that I had bought the other day.

(Pictured: J.P. sitting on a bench at Queen's Park in downtown Hull.)

No comments: