2.17.2009

Friday, February 17, 1989

An All-Around Kick Ass Day ...

Well, it was soitantlee a good Friday at that. I got my Social-Political Structures exam back, and I got a 72%... which in this system is a "A"! I got an "A" from good ol' Roz Billington. Boy, was I happy.

When I got back to The Grange Halls, Viv and I walked to the Cottingham Road site to find out the results of her third and final exam... the one she had to pass in order to continue her studies in Spain. And she passed! So it looks like I will be going to Spain next month!

From there, we went into town after waiting forever at the bus stop, and headed into the downtown market to pick up my Yokel t-shirt. I was pleased with the results.

We ate lunch at McDonald's, and then we walked around until about 2.15, when we went to the theatre to see the Hull premiere of "The Naked Gun." Needless to say, I loved it (as a big fan of "Police Squad" who cannot believe that show only lasted six episodes), and so did Viv.

We returned for dinner, and then afterwards we worked on the tape for my parents some more.

Oh, I forgot to mention about yesterday, I got a package from Shannon Hubbard in the mail, and in it she sent me a great pair of boxer shorts that show an elephant knocking out a donkey, in commemoration of the recent election victory. She's a Democrat, but has a good sense of humor about it. A classic example of "kicking ass."

Anyway, the row over Salman Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses" continued today, so I think I'm going to have to buy it and find out what all of the fuss is about.

Went to bed around midnight.

Pictured is me in my room, wearing my new Yokel "tour" shirt, and my new "kick ass" boxers sent to me by my friend Shannon (the real one back at Millersville, not my hamster of the same name).

No comments: