2.19.2009

Sunday, February 19, 1989

Her Last Day ...

It's officially 120 days until my 20th birthday. Hey, that means in only a year and 120 days, I can legally purchase alcohol! In America. Here, I can go buy it whenever I damn well please.

Started off as another Sunday Times morning, perfect with the sounds of The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's" and "Abbey Road" albums playing as well. Ate breakfast, then lunch, then watched "Lost in Space." Also caught a movie called "Starflight One" starring Lee Majors and Hal Linden, which was more or less pathetic. Why does Lee Majors always get stuck with starring roles in second-rate films with names like "Cody"?

Ate some dinner after the film, then relaxed with Viv until "The Cosby Show" came on. Guess we relaxed while watching that, too. Toward the end of the episode, Dr. Morrison gave me a call to pass along some information to me.

Soon afterward, Viv contacted her parents (they're coming to pick her up tomorrow), while I worked on my tape for my parents. We spent our last evening together here relaxing. It'll be strange around here once she leaves.

***
  • Number One Song in Britain This Week: "Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart" - Marc Almond and Gene Pitney (4th week at #1 for the former Soft Cell frontman.)
  • Number One Song in America This Week: "Straight Up" - Paula Abdul (3rd week)

No comments: